Monday 18 January 2016

Novak Djokovic reveals match-fixing approach



Djokovic was reportedly offered $200,000 to throw the match, in an incident which gives an insight into the murky world of match-fixing -- which the Serb called "a crime in sport".



"It (approach) made me feel terrible because I don't want to be anyhow linked to this kind of thing," he said.



"Somebody may call it an opportunity. For me, that's an act of unsportsmanship, a crime in sport, honestly. I don't support it.



"I think there is no room for it in any sport, especially in tennis.



"I always have been taught and have been surrounded with people that had nurtured and respected the sport's values. That's the way I've grown up.



"Fortunately for me, I didn't need to get directly involved in these particular situations."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews